Tuesday, June 02, 2009

6-2-2009 Podcast - Making Hay

Well how do you like that, another podcast and so soon after my last one. Let's see how long I can keep this up before I get distracted by something else.

While we were in Taiwan our grass decided to have a little growth spurt so of course when we got home it was a foot and half tall. To make things worse it rained a lot when we got back so we couldn't mow and the grass just got longer and longer. Finally this past weekend we got some help and got the grass under control. Cleaning up the initial cutting of the grass with the weed whacker was a lot like dealing with hay and I even wished I had a baler. Now the next project is getting the garden back in shape. As of today, we have two sugar snap peas on the vine. I don't think that'll be enough to feed us throughout the summer.

Speaking of feeding us throughout summer, we've been loving all the fish our friends over at Wilson Fish have been catching. My new favorite is marble king salmon, which can only be found in this region. It's so delicious and harder to find than your regular king salmon that I always get some if they have any. Other than that it's been a slow start to the season. Everyone is eagerly anticipating the return of berries and stone fruit so much so that the early strawberries that showed up last week were selling like hotcakes even though they weren't quite ready yet. Mmmmm...strawberries and hotcakes...

Making Hay
  1. Passionless, Pointless - PJ Harvey and John Parish
  2. I'm an Animal - Neko Case
  3. The Privateers - Andrew Bird
  4. Perfect Fit - Clues
  5. Dreams Old Men Dream - Cold War Kids
  6. Actor Out of Work - St. Vincent
  7. Sleepy Head - Passion Pit
  8. Animal - Miike Snow
  9. Evident Utensil - Chairlift
  10. Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
  11. The Underdog - Spoon
  12. Black Dresses - The Builders and the Butchers
  13. Prophets - A.C. Newman
  14. I'm Now - Mudhoney
  15. Waiting List - Cops
  16. Loose - The Stooges
  17. Here Comes Your Man - Pixies
  18. Apartment Story - The National
As always, for an archive of my shows go to DJ PegLeg Podcasts on Libsyn.

No comments: