Friday, May 12, 2006

things i've learned from tracking traffic


As I sit here listening to my all the voicemails that have accumulated in my voicemail box over the months since my phone doesn't work, I'm going to write about some of the things I've learned since implementing tracking on my blog. Okay, there's a weird message on my voicemail asking if I believe all religious holidays should be banished from schools. The next message says "Press 1 for male, press 2 for female."

Moving on. I've discovered that my blog is currently being linked to from some random trampoline site because I mocked trampoline being an Olympic sport some time back. I've also discovered that a lot of people are looking for a picture of Charlotte Martin.

It looks like asian fit sunglasses is a bigger issue than I had originally thought. Since I posted not too long ago about Oakley making asian fit sunglasses my blog has gotten a good amount of traffic from those folks looking for those glasses. I even updated my blog post to include a link to a list of their sunglasses. Who knew? Well, considering how many asian people there are in the world I guess I should have known.

The final thing I've learned is that people really want to know what celebrity they look like. I get a bunch of hits every day for that post alone. I wonder how many of them end up leaving that site disappointed when they find out they look more like Paul Giamatti than George Clooney. No offense Paul!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, great site, I found a lot of useful information here, thanks a lot for Your work!
With the best regards!
David

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this place, where people can leave their ideas and opinions, it's great!With the best regards!

Anonymous said...

Great resource. keep it up!!Thanks a lot for interesting discussion, I found a lot of useful information!With the best regards!
Frank