Thursday, May 18, 2006

slow news day at the NY Times...


Seriously, it must have been a slow news day for this article to be run on the front page of the New York Times.

And if It's a Boy, Will It Be Lleh?

It's an article about how the 70th most popular name for baby girls in 2005 is Nevaeh. Do you know where that name comes from? You guessed it, it's Heaven spelled backwards. When I saw the title I thought it was pretty funny how the Times was mocking these folks. But then I got a little scared when I realized that maybe they weren't mocking at all. Gawker doesn't seem to think very highly of the author, so maybe it was an inadvertent dig, but it was entertaining to me.

But seriously, do people really need to start making up names by just turning words of things backwards. Will people who really love wine start naming their kids Tonip? We all know how loyal Packers fans are so will there be a bunch of kids in Wisconsin called Srekcap? Gosh, I sure hope not.

No comments: